Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : Daewoo Plasma introduction_of_daewoo_pdp-new_3<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download introduction_of_daewoo_pdp-new_3 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
PLASMA DISPLAY PANEL
D I G I T A L
DIGITAL TV DEVISION
DAEWOO ELECTRONICS CO., LTD
WHAT IS PLASMA DISPLAY PANEL?
1. PDP refers to plasma display panel. It was named as PDP by the faculty of University of
Illinois(UIUC) as they first made it. It was made by combining physical phenomenon
called 'plasma' and electric device into a form of panel.Generally speaking, plasma refers
to ionized gas. However, it means 'glow discharge' in PDP business.
2. In the past, PDP was monochromatic(orange), nowadays it can generate full color by glow
discharge in the 'excited spaces'.(UV from excited spaces react with fluorescent materials
which then emit visible rays)
3. PDP let us watch figures or letters through image process and digital&analogue driving
circuits. In PDP, material science and high technique are combined together.
4. In 1927, a plasma display panel was applied to TV rather than CRT. and its concept was
established. In 1964, AC PDP was made by University of Illinois for the first time.
In early1970's, George Dick invented 'surface type discharge' which is mainly used
for current AC PDP.
From early 1990' s, many companies have developed the AC PDP that can be selled in
< The Principle of PDP>
1. The plasma display panel(PDP) can be thought of as a descendant of the neon lamp.
2. The term plasma refers to a gas that consists of electrons, positively charged
particles known as ions, and neutral particles.
3. The PDP has sometimes been referred to as a gas-discharged display because it
operates by passing electricity through neon gas, causing it to become 'charged'
temporarily : light is produced when the gas spontaneously discharges.
4. Plasma display panels can also be viewed as a series of fluorescent lamps. The
displays operate at high voltages, low currents, and low temperatures, resulting in
long operating lifetimes (typical 15000 hours, max 30000 hours).
5.Inside the plasma panel, as series of red, green, and blue cells are grouped in a
precise matrix.These cells are activated individually, unlike standard CRTs or LCDs,
this means that they emit light individually creating a precise pixel on the viewing area.
< The Structure and Principle of AC-PDP >
(Front Glass Substrate)
Layer(MgO) Dielectric Layer
(Back Glass Substrate)
Barrier Rib Visible Light
Dielectric Dielectric Layer
Front Glass Substrate[*]
Phosphor(R,G,B) Address Electrode Protection Bus
Barrier rib Sustain
(R,G,B) Visible Light
Dielectric Layer Back Glass Substrate Under Layer
< The Driving Method of AC-PDP >
1. As of early 1990, PDP was used as monochromatic monitors with simple X-Y matrix
driving system and 'Refresh'method.
2. Nowadays, PDP can display natural colors through sub-field driving method.
That is called " ADS (Address Display Seperated) Method" .
3. 1 TV field consists of 8 sub-fields (SF1-SF8).
And each sub-field has different ratio of brightness( 1, 2 , 22 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ).
4. While the brightness of CRT is determined by the intensity of electron beams,
the brightness of PDP is determined by controlling the frequency of glow discharge
during the time interval called "1 TV frame".
[ Brightness display types of PDP and CRT ] Simulation Movie
Display Device Mechnism of brightness(gradation) display
PDP Time 1/60 sec
CRT Time 1/60 sec
[ Driving of sub-field ]
1 TV Frame
1 SF 2 SF 3 SF 4 SF 5 SF 6 SF 7 SF 8 SF
1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128
1 TV Frame
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo