Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : TOSHIBA TV toshiba_vtw-2186_605<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download toshiba_vtw-2186_605 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
VIDEO CASSETTE RECORDER/
DVD VIDEO PLAYER
SERVICING NOTICES ON CHECKING
1. KEEP THE NOTICES 6. AVOID AN X-RAY
As for the places which need special attentions, Safety is secured against an X-ray by consider-
they are indicated with the labels or seals on the ing about the cathode-ray tube and the high
cabinet, chassis and parts. Make sure to keep the voltage peripheral circuit, etc.
indications and notices in the operation manual. Therefore, when repairing the high voltage pe-
ripheral circuit, use the designated parts and
2. AVOID AN ELECTRIC SHOCK
make sure not modify the circuit.
There is a high voltage part inside. Avoid an Repairing except indicates causes rising of high
electric shock while the electric current is voltage, and it emits an X-ray from the cathode-
flowing. ray tube.
3. USE THE DESIGNATED PARTS 7. PERFORM A SAFETY CHECK AFTER
The parts in this equipment have the specific SERVICING
characters of incombustibility and withstand
Confirm that the screws, parts and wiring which
voltage for safety. Therefore, the part which is
were removed in order to service are put in the
replaced should be used the part which has
original positions, or whether there are the
the same character.
portions which are deteriorated around the
Especially as to the important parts for safety
serviced places serviced or not. Check the
which is indicated in the circuit diagram or the
insulation between the antenna terminal or
table of parts as a mark, the designated
external metal and the AC cord plug blades.
parts must be used.
And be sure the safety of that.
4. PUT PARTS AND WIRES IN THE (INSULATION CHECK PROCEDURE)
ORIGINAL POSITION AFTER
1. Unplug the plug from the AC outlet.
ASSEMBLING OR WIRING 2. Remove the antenna terminal on TV and turn
There are parts which use the insulation on the TV.
material such as a tube or tape for safety, or 3. Insulation resistance between the cord plug
which are assembled in the condition that terminals and the eternal exposure metal
these do not contact with the printed board. [Note 2] should be more than 1M ohm by
The inside wiring is designed not to get closer using the 500V insulation resistance meter
to the pyrogenic parts and high voltage parts. [Note 1].
Therefore, put these parts in the original 4. If the insulation resistance is less than 1M
positions. ohm, the inspection repair should be
5. TAKE CARE TO DEAL WITH THE
CATHODE-RAY TUBE [Note 1]
If you have not the 500V insulation
In the condition that an explosion-proof cathode- resistance meter, use a Tester.
ray tube is set in this equipment, safety is
secured against implosion. However, when [Note 2]
removing it or serving from backward, it is External exposure metal: Antenna terminal
dangerous to give a shock. Take enough care to Earphone jack
deal with it.
HOW TO ORDER PARTS
Please include the following informations when you order parts. (Particularly the VERSION LETTER.)
1. MODEL NUMBER and VERSION LETTER
The MODEL NUMBER can be found on the back of each product and the VERSION LETTER can be
found at the end of the SERIAL NUMBER.
2. PART NO. and DESCRIPTION
You can find it in your SERVICE MANUAL.
WHEN REPLACING DVD DECK
[ When the removal of the DVD Deck ]
Before removing Pick Up PCB and DVD PCB connector, make the short circuit on the position as
shown Fig. 1 using a soldering. If you remove the DVD Deck with no soldering, the Laser may be
[ When the installation of the DVD Deck ]
Remove all the soldering on the short circuit position after the connection of Pick Up PCB and DVD
Pick Up PCB
Make the sort circuit
using a soldering.
TAPE REMOVAL METHOD AT NO POWER SUPPLY
1. Remove the TV/DVD/VCR block from the main unit and the Fig. 1 below can be seen.
(Refer to item 1 of the DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS.)
2. Remove the screw 1 of the Deck Chassis and remove the Loading Motor.
3. Rotate the Pinch Roller Cam in the direction of the arrow by hand to slacken the Video Tape.
(Refer to Fig. 2)
4. Rotate the Clutch Ass'y either of the directions to wind the Video Tape in the Cassette Case.
5. Repeat the above step 3~4. Then take out the Video Cassette from the Deck Chassis. Be careful not to
scratch on the tape.
Capstan DD Unit
Pinch Roller Cam
Insert hole for screw driver Main Cam
Main Chassis (Front Side)
DISC REMOVAL METHOD AT NO POWER SUPPLY
1. Remove the Back Cabinet and TV//DVD/VCR Block. (Refer to item 1 of the DISASSEMBLY
2. Rotate the Main Gear in the direction of the arrow by hand.
(Refer to Fig. 1)
3. Draw the Tray.
Main Gear DVD Deck
PARENTAL CONTROL - RATING LEVEL
4 DIGIT PASSWORD CANCELLATION
If the stored 4 digit password in the Rating Level menu needs to be cancelled, please follow the steps below.
1. Turn Unit ON.
2. Press and hold the '7' key on the remote control unit.
3. Simultaneously press and hold the 'STOP' key on the front panel.
4. Hold both keys for more than 3 seconds.
5. The On Screen Display message 'PASSWORD CLEAR' will appear.
6. The 4 digit password has now been cleared
Tray cannot be opened by setting the Tray Lock, please follow the steps below.
1. Turn Unit ON.
2. Set the DVD to the Stop Mode.
3. Press and hold the '9' key on the remote control unit.
4. Simultaneously press and hold the 'STOP' key on the front panel.
5. Hold both keys for more than 3 seconds.
6. Press the OPEN/CLOSE key on the front panel to check the Tray Lock setting.
NB: No indications on the screen when the Tray Lock is setting.
To unlock the Tray Lock, please follow the steps below.
1. Turn Unit ON.
2. Set the DVD to the Stop Mode.
3. Set the VOLUME to minimum.
4. Press and hold the 'REC/OTR' button on the front panel.
5. Simultaneously press and hold the '4' key on the remote control unit.
6. Hold both keys for more than 2 second.
7. The On Screen Display message 'INITIALIZE7 COMPLETE' will appear.
8. The Tray Lock has now been cleared.
NB: The above procedure will reset ALL of the player's settings to the default factory state.
PREPARATION OF SERVICING
The laser diode used for a pickup head may be destroyed with external static electricity.
Moreover, even if it is operating normally after repair, when static electricity discharge is received at the
time of repair, a life of product may become short.
Please perform the following measure against static electricity, be careful of destruction of a laser diode
enough at the time of repair, and work.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo