Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : asus g73<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download g73 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
Please follow the information provided in this section to perform the complete
disassembly procedure of the notebook. Be sure to use proper tools described
SUS G73 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the
procedures for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the
detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your service
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
Wireless LAN Module
Top Case Module
Bottom Case Module
B A T T E R Y Battery Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the battery module.
Remove Battery Module
Open latch 1 and hold the latch 2 when take the battery away.
M E M O R Y
The illustration shows how to remove the Memory Module form the notebook.
Remove Memory Module
1. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*5) on the bottom door and take away the bottom door.
2. Pull two latches here to pop the memories module up at 45 angles, and then pull out the module
at that angle.
H D D
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 4 screws (M2.5*5) on HDD module. Lift up the HDD module and take it away.
2. Remove 4 screws (M3*4) to separate HDD from HDD housing
W L A N
Wireless LAN Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
Disconnect the antennas and remove 2 screws (M2*4) on Wireless LAN card and pull out the
card from its slot.
O D D
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
1. Remove 1 screw (M2.5*5) on the bottom case and pull out the ODD module from the
K E Y B O A R The illustrations below show how to remove the Keyboard and disassemble the Keyboard Cover.
Remove the Keyboard
1. Open 5 latches (ESC, F5, F9, PrtSc and End) on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers.
2. Turn over the keyboard plate and disconnect the keyboard FPC, LED FPC and remove the
Remove Keyboard Cable
1. Use a flexible connector tool to unlock the cable connector on both ends (no. 1).
2. Carefully pull out the keyboard cable (no. 2) with a pair of tweezers.
3. Lock the connector (no. 3) again to avoid possible breakage.
2. Cable out
1. Unlock 1. Unlock
T O P C A S E
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove 2 screws (M2*4) on the bottom case. Then pry the hinge cover by a plastic blade and
remove the hinge cover.
2. Remove 17 screws (M2.5*5, M2*4) on the bottom case. Then remove 6 screws (M2.5*7) on the
LCD hinges and lay down the LCD module.
3. Remove 6 screws (M2.5*5) on the top case. Then disconnect the switch board FPC, speaker cable
and the touchpad FPC.
4. Pry the edges of the top case and remove the top case to take it away.
2 - 10 V1.0
Disassemble the Top Case Module
5. Tear off the mylars on the touchpad. Remove 2 screws (M2*5) on the touchpad bracket.
Disconnect the touchpad FPC and remove the touchpad module.
6. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*5) on the touchpad bracket and separate the touchpad board and the
2 - 11 V1.0
7. Remove 3 screws (M2*3) on the power switch board. Remove the power switch board from the
8. Remove 1 screw (M2.5*5) on the speaker and take away the speaker.
2 - 12 V1.0
L C D
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Disconnect the following the cable from the motherboard: LCD light bar cable, LVDS cable,
CMOS MIC cable. Pull out the WLAN antennas from the hole in the motherboard. Pry the latch
fixing the cables and release the cables. Separate the LCD module from the whole system.
CMOS MIC cable
LCD Light Bar cable Pull out the WLAN
antennas from the hole here.
2 - 13 V1.0
Disassemble the LCD Module
2. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*6) on the LCD bezel. Pry the edges of LCD bezel and remove the front
2 - 14 V1.0
3. Remove the LED board.
4. Remove 4 screws (M2.5*6) on the lower bracket. Then remove the lower bracket.
5. Remove 3 screws (M2.5*4, M2.5*5) on the each LCD hinges. Then remove the both hinges.
2 - 15 V1.0
5. Remove 6 screws (M2.5*4, M2.5*5) fixing the LCD panel and take away the LCD panel.
2 - 16 V1.0
6. Remove 4 screws (M2.5*4) on the LCD up bracket and remove the up bracket.
7. Disconnect the camera and its cable. Then remove the CMOS MIC cable from its cover.
2 - 17 V1.0
8. Disconnect the LVDS cable from the LCD panel. Remove 8 screws (M2*3) on the LCD
brackets and separate the LCD brackets.
2 - 18 V1.0
M O T H E R B O A R D
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 3 screws (M2*6) on each fan. Disconnect the fan cables. Remove 2 fans.
2. Remove 3 screws (M2.5*5) on the motherboard. Then disconnect the following cables:
LAN board cable, Bluetooth cable, audio board cable and the SATA FFC. Remove the motherboard
from the bottom case.
2 - 19 V1.0
LAN board cable
Audio board cable SATA FFC
2 - 20 V1.0
Disassemble the Motherboard Module
3. Remove 4 screws (M2*4) on the heat sink. Then remove the heat sink.
4. Using the single slot screw driver to turn the non-removable screw to loosen the CPU. Then suck
up the CPU by the vacuum handling tool.
5. Loosen 4 screws on the VGA thermal. Then remove the thermal. Remove 2 screws (M2*3) on the
VGA card and remove the VGA card.
2 - 21 V1.0
B O T T O M C A S E
Bottom Case Module
The illustrations below show how to disassemble the Bottom Case Assy.
Disassemble the Bottom Case
1. Remove the Bluetooth module.
2 - 22 V1.0
2. Remove 2 screws (M2*4) fixing the HDD board and remove it. Remove 2 screws to separate the
HDD board and its bracket.
3. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*5) on the audio board. Turn over the audio board and disconnect the
speaker cable. Remove the audio board and the speaker.
2 - 23 V1.0
4. Remove 1 screw (M2.5*5) on the LAN board and remove the LAN board.
2 - 24 V1.0
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo