Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 1999-2000 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MSA5T0128A34692<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5T0128A34692 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
PLANETARY GEAR AND LOW CLUTCH
24. Planetary Gear and Low NOTE :
Separate these cases while tapping lightly on the
Clutch S5,02,2 housing .
A : REMOVAL SS,oz,ZA,e
1) Extract the torque converter clutch assembly .
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo
2) Remove the input shaft.
0 11) Place two wooden blocks on the workbench,
n and stand the transmission case with its rear end
facing down .
B3M2021 * Be careful not to scratch the rear mating sur-
face of the transmission case.
3) Disconnect transmission harness connector Note that the parking rod and drive pinion
from stay. protrude from the mating surface.
Lift-up lever behind the connector and disconnect
4) Disconnect inhibitor switch connector from stay.
5) Disconnect the air breather hose . ] [
6) Remove the oil charger pipe, and remove the
O-ring from the flange face . Attach the O-ring to the 55 mm
pipe . 133M 1064A
7) Remove the oil cooler inlet and outlet pipes .
] [ 12) Remove the oil pump housing .
8) Remove rear vehicle speed sensor, and sepa- CAUTION:
rate the transmission case and extension case . Be careful not to lose the total end play adjust-
] [ ing thrust washer.
9) Remove reduction driven gear.
WITHOUT VTD ] [
WITH VTD ] [
10) Separation of torque converter clutch case
and transmission case sections
* Be careful not to damage the oil seal and
bushing inside the torque converter clutch
case by the oil pump cover.
* Be careful not to lose the rubber seal . (A) Oil pump housing
PLANETARY GEAR AND LOW CLUTCH
13) Take out the high clutch and reverse clutch 17) Take out retaining plate, drive plate and driven
assembly. ] [
14) Take out the front sun gear and the thrust O
. 0 B3M1075
(B) II II 18) Take out the thrust needle bearing, planetary
gear assembly and the low clutch assembly .
(A) Front sun gear
(B) Thrust needle bearing
15) Pull out leaf spring .
Be careful not to bend leaf spring during
Remove it while pressing down on lower leaf
B : INSTALLATION 55,o2,2A
1) Install planetary gear and low clutch assembly
to transmission case .
O Install carefully while rotating the low clutch and
planetary gear assembly slowly paying special
S attention not to damage the seal ring .
O(B) Imo/ ]