Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 1999-2000 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MSA5T0128A34693<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5T0128A34693 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
25. 2-4 Brake S5f0205
Separate these cases while tapping lightly on the
A : REMOVAL S5f0205A18 housing .
1) Extract the torque converter clutch assembly.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo
2) Remove the input shaft.
11) Place two wooden blocks on the workbench,
and stand the transmission case with its rear end
facing down .
3) Disconnect transmission harness connector * Be careful not to scratch the rear mating sur-
from stay. face of the transmission case.
Note that the parking rod and drive pinion
NOTE : protrude from the mating surface.
Lift-up lever behind the connector and disconnect
it from stay.
4) Disconnect inhibitor switch connector from stay.
5) Disconnect the air breather hose . ] [
6) Remove the oil charger pipe .
7) Remove the oil cooler inlet and outlet pipes with
washers . ] [ (2 .17 in)
8) Remove rear vehicle speed sensor, and sepa- B3M 1064A I
rate the transmission case and extension case .
] [ 12) Remove the oil pan and control valve body .
9) Remove reduction driven gear. ] [
WITHOUT VTD ] [ CAUTION:
WITH VTD ] [ ing thrust washer.
10) Separation of torque converter clutch case
and transmission case sections
e Be careful not to damage the oil seal and
bushing inside the torque converter clutch
case by the oil pump cover.
9 Be careful not to lose the rubber seal . 0
14) Remove 2-4 brake seal . 18) Remove snap ring and thrust needle bearing .
o iu . .
0 v \
15) Take out the high clutch and reverse clutch (A) Snap ring
16) Take out the front sun gear and the thrust 19) Take out retaining plate, drive plate and driven
bearina. plate of 2-4 brake.
// / f~~ ~~1 . \C O
B I (1
(A) Front sun gear 20) Take out the thrust needle bearing, planetary
(B) Thrust bearing gear assembly and the low clutch assembly.
17) Pull out leaf spring .
Be careful not to bend leaf spring during
Remove it while pressing down on lower leaf
(A) Leaf spring
(B) Retaing plate
21) Remove snap ring . 24) Separate 2-4 brake piston and piston retainer.
(A) Snap ring (A) 2-4 brake piston
(B) 2-4 brake piston (B) 2-4 brake piston retainer
22) Take out 2-4 brake return spring . B : INSTALLATION 5510205A11
1) Install 2-4 brake piston to 2-4 brake piston
o 0 0 ]