Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 1999-2000 ENGINE SECTION On-Car Services MSA5T0122A27561<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5T0122A27561 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
2-2 [W4A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE
4. Engine Compression
CAUTION: 4. Engine Compression
Never rotate idle adjusting screw. If idle speed
is out of specifications, refer to General On- A: MEASUREMENT
board Diagnosis Table under "2-7 On-Board
Diagnostics II System".
After warming-up, engine becomes very hot.
Be careful not to burn yourself during mea-
1) After warming-up the engine, turn ignition
switch to OFF.
2) Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
3) Disconnect battery ground cable.
4) Remove all the spark plugs.
5) Disconnect connectors from fuel injectors.
6) Connect battery ground cable.
7) Fully open throttle valve.
8) Check the starter motor for satisfactory perfor-
mance and operation.
9) Hold the compression gauge tight against the
spark plug hole.
When using a screw-in type compression
gauge, the screw (put into cylinder head spark
plug hole) should be less than 18 mm (0.71 in)
10) Crank the engine by means of the starter
motor, and read the maximum value on the gauge
when the pointer is steady.
11) Perform at least two measurements per
cylinder, and make sure that the values are correct.
Compression (350 rpm and fully open
1,079 -- 1,275 kPa (11.0 -- 13.0 kg/cm2,
156 -- 185 psi)
1,020 kPa (10.4 kg/cm2, 148 psi)
Difference between cylinders;
49 kPa (0.5 kg/cm2, 7 psi), or less
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo