Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 1999-2000 FUEL AND OBD II On-Board Diagnostics II System MSA5T0123A27479<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5T0123A27479 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
2-7 [T3A1] DIAGNOSTICS
3. Diagnosis System
3. Diagnosis System 3) If the diagnosis system senses a misfire which
could damage the catalyzer, the MIL will blink at a
A: CHECK ENGINE MALFUNCTION cycle of 1 Hz.
INDICATOR LAMP (MIL)
1. ACTIVATION OF CHECK ENGINE
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL)
1) When ignition switch is turned to ON (engine
off), the CHECK ENGINE malfunction indicator
lamp (MIL) in the combination meter illuminates.
If the MIL does not illuminate, perform diagnostics
of the CHECK ENGINE light circuit or the combi- OBD0054A
nation meter circuit.
4) When ignition switch is turned to ON (engine
off) or to "START" with the test mode connector
connected, the MIL blinks at a cycle of 3 Hz.
(A) Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)
2) After starting the engine, the MIL goes out. If it OBD0055A
does not, either the engine or the emission control
system is malfunctioning.
B: OBD-II GENERAL SCAN TOOL
1. HOW TO USE OBD-II GENERAL SCAN
1) Prepare a general scan tool (OBD-II general
scan tool) required by SAE J1978.
2) Open the cover and connect the OBD-II general
scan tool to the data link connector located in the
lower portion of the instrument panel (on the driv-
DIAGNOSTICS [T3B2] 2-7
3. Diagnosis System
3) Using the OBD-II general scan tool, call up
diagnostic trouble code(s) and freeze frame data.
OBD-II general scan tool functions consist of:
(1) MODE $01: Current powertrain diagnostic
(2) MODE $02: Powertrain freeze frame data
(3) MODE $03: Emission-related powertrain
diagnostic trouble codes
(4) MODE $04: Clear/Reset emission-related
Read out data according to repair procedures. (For
detailed operation procedures, refer to the OBD-II
General Scan Tool Operation Manual.)
For details concerning diagnostic trouble codes,
refer to the DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC)
2. DATA LINK CONNECTOR (FOR OBD-II GENERAL SCAN TOOL AND SUBARU SELECT
1) This connector is used both for OBD-II general scan tools and the Subaru Select Monitor.
2) Terminal No. 4 to No. 6 of the data link connector is used for the Subaru Select Monitor signal.
Do not connect any scan tools other than the OBD-II general scan tools and the Subaru Select
Monitor, because the circuit for the Subaru Select Monitor may be damaged.
Terminal No. Contents Terminal No. Contents
1 Power supply 9 Blank
2 Blank 10 K line of ISO 9141 CARB
3 Blank 11 Blank
Subaru Select Monitor signal (ECM to
4 12 Ground
Subaru Select Monitor)*
Subaru Select Monitor signal (Subaru Select
5 13 Ground
Monitor to ECM)*
6 Blank 14 Blank
7 Blank 15 Blank
8 Blank 16 Blank
*: Circuit only for Subaru Select Monitor
2-7 [T3B3] DIAGNOSTICS
3. Diagnosis System
3. CURRENT POWERTRAIN DIAGNOSTIC DATA (MODE $01)
Refers to data denoting the current operating condition of analog input/output, digital input/output and/or
the powertrain system.
A list of the support data and PID (Parameter Identification) codes are shown in the following table.
PID Data Unit of measure
01 Number of emission-related powertrain trouble codes and MIL status ON/OFF
03 Fuel system control status --
04 Calculated engine load value %
05 Engine coolant temperature
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo