Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 1999-2000 TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL SECTION AWD System MSA5T0124A27738<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5T0124A27738 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
3-4 [K200] DIAGNOSTICS
2. Rear Differential
2. Rear Differential
Symptom Possible cause Remedy
1. Oil leakage (1) Worn, scratched, or incorrectly Repair or replace.
seated front or side oil seal. Scored,
battered, or excessively worn sliding sur-
face of companion flange.
(2) Clogged or damaged air breather. Clean, repair or replace.
(3) Loose bolts on differential spindle or Tighten bolts to specified torque.
side retainer, or incorrectly fitted O-ring. Replace O-ring.
(4) Loose rear cover attaching bolts or Tighten bolts to specified torque.
damaged gasket. Replace gasket and apply liquid packing.
(5) Loose oil filler or drain plug. Retighten and apply liquid packing.
(6) Wear, damage or incorrectly fitting for Repair or replace.
spindle, side retainer and oil seal.
2. Seizure (1) Insufficient backlash for hypoid gear. Readjust or replace.
Seized or damaged parts should be (2) Excessive preload for side, rear, or Readjust or replace.
replaced, and also other parts should be front bearing.
thoroughly checked for any defect and
(3) Insufficient or improper oil used. Replace seized part and fill with speci-
should be repaired or replaced as
fied oil to specified level.
3. Damage (1) Improper backlash for hypoid gear. Replace.
NOTE: (2) Insufficient or excessive preload for Readjust or replace.
Damaged parts should be replaced, and side, rear, or front bearing.
also other parts should be thoroughly (3) Excessive backlash for differential Replace gear or thrust washer.
checked for any defect and should be gear.
repaired or replaced as required.
(4) Loose bolts and nuts such as crown Retighten.
(5) Damage due to overloading. Replace.
4. Noises when starting or shifting (1) Excessive backlash for hypoid gear. Readjust.
gears (2) Excessive backlash for differential Replace gear or thrust washer.
Noises may be caused by differential (3) Insufficient preload for front or rear Readjust.
assembly, universal joint, wheel bearing, bearing.
etc. Find out what is actually making
(4) Loose drive pinion nut. Tighten to specified torque.
noise before disassembly.
(5) Loose bolts and nuts such as side Tighten to specified torque.
bearing retainer attaching bolt.
5. Noises when cornering (1) Damaged differential gear. Replace.
(2) Excessive wear or damage of thrust Replace.
(3) Broken pinion mate shaft. Replace.
(4) Seized or damaged side bearing. Replace.
6. Gear noises (1) Improper tooth contact of hypoid Readjust or replace hypoid gear set.
Since noises from engine, muffler, (2) Improper backlash for hypoid gear. Readjust.
transmission, propeller shaft, wheel
(3) Scored or chipped teeth of hypoid Replace hypoid gear set.
bearings, tires, and body are sometimes
mistaken for noises from differential
assembly, be careful in checking them. (4) Seized hypoid gear. Replace hypoid gear set.
Inspection methods to locate noises (5) Improper preload for front or rear Readjust.
include coasting, accelerating, cruising, bearings.
and jacking-up all four wheels. Perform (6) Seized, scored, or chipped front or Replace.
these inspections according to condition rear bearing.
of trouble. When listening to noises, shift
gears into four wheel drive and fourth (7) Seized, scored, or chipped side bear- Replace.
speed position, trying to pick up only dif- ing.
ferential noise. (8) Vibrating differential carrier. Replace.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo