Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 4 - Chassis Differentials Rear Differential<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Rear Differential documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
4. Rear Differential 12) Secure the rear drive shaft to rear crossmem-
ber using wire.
1) Set the vehicle on a lift.
2) Disconnect the ground cable from battery.
3) Move the select lever or gear shift lever to "N".
4) Release the parking brake.
5) Loosen the wheel nuts.
6) Jack-up the vehicle and support it with sturdy
7) Remove the wheels.
8) Remove the rear exhaust pipe and muffler.
9) Remove the propeller shaft.
10) Remove the clamps and bracket of parking
(A) Lower bracket
14) Support the rear differential with transmission
11) Remove the DOJ of rear drive shaft from rear
differential using ST.
ST 28099PA100 DRIVE SHAFT REMOVER
15) Remove the self-locking nuts and bolts.
(A) Bolt DI-00056
16) Remove the bolts which secure rear differential B: INSTALLATION
front member to body. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Loosen the bolt A first, then remove the bolts B. 1) Position the front member on body by passing it
NOTE: under the parking brake cable and securing to rear
Support the front member with use of a helper to differential.
prevent it from dropping. NOTE:
When installing the rear differential front member,
do not confuse the installation sequence of the up-
per and lower stoppers.
2) Install the DOJ of drive shaft into rear differential.
ST 28099PA090 SIDE OIL SEAL PROTEC-
(A) (B) TOR
(A) Bolt A
(B) Bolt B
17) Remove the bolt A.
18) While slowly lowering the transmission jack,
move the rear differential forward and remove front
member and rear differential from body.
3) Installing procedure hereafter is in the reverse
order of removal.
4) After installation, fill the differential carrier with
gear oil to the filler plug level.
To detect the real cause of trouble, inspect the fol-
lowing items before disassembling.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo