Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 4 - Chassis Drive Shaft System Front Axle<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Front Axle documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
DRIVE SHAFT SYSTEM
3. Front Axle 7) Remove the cotter pin and castle nut which se-
cure tie-rod end to housing knuckle arm.
1) Lift-up the vehicle and remove the front wheels.
2) Unlock the axle nut.
(A) Cotter pin
DS-00038 (B) Castle nut
3) Remove the axle nut using a socket wrench
while depressing the brake pedal. 8) Using a puller, remove the tie-rod ball joint from
CAUTION: knuckle arm.
Remove the axle nut with vehicle weight not ap-
plied on axle. Failure to follow this rule may
damage the wheel bearings.
4) Remove the stabilizer link.
9) Remove the ABS wheel speed sensor assembly
5) Remove the disc brake caliper from housing,
and suspend it from strut using a wire.
6) Remove the disc rotor from hub.
If the disc rotor seizes up within hub, drive disc rotor
out by installing an 8 mm (0.31 in) bolt in screw hole
on the rotor.
10) Remove the transverse link ball joint from
DRIVE SHAFT SYSTEM
11) Remove the front drive shaft assembly from B: INSTALLATION
hub. If it is hard to remove, use the STs. 1) Temporarily tighten the front axle to front strut.
ST1 926470000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER 2) Insert the front drive shaft into front axle.
ST2 927140000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER 3) Temporarily tighten the axle nut.
PLATE 4) Install the transverse link ball joint to housing.
CAUTION: Tightening torque:
Be sure to replace the differential side retainer
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo