Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 5 - Body Glass Windows Mirrors Rear Window Defogger<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Rear Window Defogger documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
17.Rear Window Defogger 5) Apply positive lead of voltmeter to positive termi-
nal of heat wire, and then move the negative lead
A: INSPECTION along the wire up to negative terminal end. If volt-
CAUTION: age changes from zero to several volts during
When wiping stain on glass off with cloth, use a movement of lead, heat wire is open at the voltage
dry and soft cloth and move it in the direction of change point.
heat wire extension to avoid damage to heat B: REPAIR
wire. 1) Clean the broken portion with alcohol or white
1) Turn the ignition switch to ON. gasoline.
2) Turn the defogger switch to ON. 2) Mask both side of wire with thin film.
3) Wrap the tips of tester pins with aluminum foil to 3) Apply conductive silver composition (DUPONT
avoid damage to heat wire. No. 4817) to broken portion.
(1) Tester probe (1) Broken portion
(2) Tin foil (2) Masking thin film
(3) Heat wire (3) Broken wire
(4) PRESS (4) Conductive silver composition (DUPONT
4) Measure the voltage at wire center with DC volt-
meter. 4) After repair, check the wire.
Approx. 6 V
Approx. 6 V OK
Approx. 12 V or 0 V Broken
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo