Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 6 - Wiring System Working Precautions<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Working Precautions documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
2. Working Precautions To connect, insert the connector until it snaps and
confirm that it is tightly connected.
A: PRECAUTIONS WHEN WORKING
WITH THE PARTS MOUNTED ON Example
THE VEHICLE LIFT PUSH
1) When working under a vehicle which is jacked-
up, always be sure to use safety stands.
2) The parking brake must always be applied dur-
ing working. Also, in automatic transmission mod-
els, keep the select lever set to P (Parking) range.
3) Be sure the workshop is properly ventilated
when running the engine. Further, be careful not to
touch the belt or fan while the engine is operating.
4) Be careful not to touch hot metal parts, especial-
ly the radiator and exhaust system immediately af-
ter the engine has been shut off.
B: PRECAUTIONS IN TROUBLE DI- LIFT
AGNOSIS AND REPAIR OF ELEC-
1) The battery cable must be disconnected from
battery's (-) terminal, and the ignition switch must
be set to OFF position, unless otherwise required
by the diagnostics.
2) Securely fasten the wiring harness with clamps 6) When checking continuity between connector
and slips so that the harness does not interfere with terminals, or measuring the voltage across the ter-
body end parts or edges and bolts or screws. minal and ground, always contact tester probe(s)
3) When installing the parts, be careful not to catch on terminals from the wiring connection side. If the
them on the wiring harness. probe is too thick to gain access to the terminal, use
4) When disconnecting a connector, do not pull the "mini" test leads.
wires, but pull while holding the connector body. To check water-proof connectors (which are not ac-
cessible from the wiring side), contact test probes
Correct on the terminal side being careful not to bend or
5) Some connectors are provided with a lock. One Tester probes "Mini" test leads
type of such a connector is disconnected by push-
ing the lock, and the other, by moving the lock up.
In either type the lock shape must be identified be- 7) Sensors, relays, electrical unit, etc., are sensi-
fore attempting to disconnect the connector. tive to strong impacts.
Handle them with care so that they are not dropped
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo