Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 1 - General Information Section PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES Suspension<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Suspension documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES
22.Suspension If the front wheel toe-in is not at specified value, ad-
just the toe-in.
1. SUSPENSION BALL JOINT
1) Jack-up the vehicle until front wheels are off (A)
2) Next, grasp the bottom of tire and move it in and
out. If relative movement (B) is observed between
the brake disc cover (A) and end of transverse link
(D), ball joint (C) may be excessively worn.
(A) Dust seal
2. TRANSVERSE LINK'S REAR BUSHING
Check oil leaks at around liquid-filled bushing. If oil
(A) leaks, replace the bushing.
3) Next, grasp the end of transverse link (C) and
move it up and down. Relative movement (A) be-
tween the housing (D) and transverse link boss in-
dicates ball joint (B) may be excessively worn.
(A) Rear bushing
(B) Transverse link
3. WHEEL ARCH HEIGHT
(B) 1) Unload cargoes and set the vehicle in curb
PM-00058 weight (empty) condition.
4) If relative movement is observed in the immedi- 2) Then, check the wheel arch height of front and
ately preceding two steps, remove and inspect the rear suspensions to ensure that they are within
ball joint. If free play exceeds standard, replace the specified values.
ball joint. 3) When the wheel arch height is out of standard,
5) Damage of dust seal visually inspect the following components and re-
Visually inspect the ball joint dust seal. If it is dam- place deformed parts.
aged, remove the transverse link.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo