Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 1 - General Information Section PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES Wheel Bearing<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Wheel Bearing documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES
23.Wheel Bearing Service limit:
Straight-ahead position within 0.05 mm
A: INSPECTION (0.0020 in)
1. FRONT WHEEL BEARING 5) Remove the DOJ of rear drive shaft from rear dif-
NOTE: 6) While supporting the rear drive shaft horizontally
Inspect the condition of front wheel bearing grease. with one hand, turn the hub COMPL with the other
1) Lift-up the front of vehicle. to check for noise or binding.
2) While holding the front wheel by hand, swing it in If the hub COMPL is noisy or binds, disassemble
and out to check bearing free play. the rear axle and check condition of oil seals, bear-
3) Loosen the wheel nuts and remove front wheel. ings, etc.
4) If bearing free play exists in step 2) above, at- (A)
tach a dial gauge to the hub and measure axial dis-
placement in axial direction. (F)
Straight-ahead position within 0.05 mm (H)
5) Remove the bolts and self-locking nuts, and ex- (B) (C)
tract transverse link from front crossmember. (D)
6) Remove the AARi of front drive shaft from trans-
7) While supporting the front drive shaft horizontal-
ly with one hand, turn the hub with the other to (A) Inner oil seal
check for noise or binding. (B) Rear housing
If the hub is noisy or binds, disassemble the front (C) Bearing
axle and check condition of oil seals, bearing, etc. (D) Snap ring
(E) Outer oil seal
(A) (F) Tone wheel
(G) Hub bolt
(I) Socket bolt
(A) Inner oil seal
(B) Snap ring
(E) Outer oil seal
(F) Hub bolt
2. REAR WHEEL BEARING
1) Lift-up the rear of vehicle.
2) While holding the rear wheel by hand, swing it in
and out to check bearing free play.
3) Loosen the wheel nuts and remove rear wheel.
4) If the bearing free play exists in step 2) above,
attach a dial gauge to the hub COMPL and mea-
sure axial displacement in axial direction.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo