Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4DOTC) ENGINE (DIAGNOSTICS) OBD-II General Scan Tool<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download OBD-II General Scan Tool documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
OBD-II GENERAL SCAN TOOL
8. OBD-II General Scan Tool 3) Using the OBD-II general scan tool, call up DTC
and freeze frame data.
A: OPERATION OBD-II general scan tool functions consist of:
(1) MODE $01: Current powertrain diagnostic
1. HOW TO USE OBD-II GENERAL SCAN data
TOOL (2) MODE $02: Powertrain freeze frame data
1) Prepare a general scan tool (OBD-II general (3) MODE $03: Emission-related powertrain
scan tool) required by SAE J1978. DTC
2) Open the cover and connect the OBD-II general (4) MODE $04: Clear/Reset emission-related
scan tool to data link connector located in the lower diagnostic information
portion of instrument panel (on the driver's side). (5) MODE $06: Request on-board monitoring
test results for non-continuously monitored sys-
(6) MODE $07: Request on-board monitoring
test results for continuously monitored systems
(7) MODE $09: Request vehicle information
Read out the data according to repair procedures.
(For detailed operation procedures, refer to the
OBD-II General Scan Tool Operation Manual.)
EN-00334 For details concerning DTC, refer to the List of Di-
agnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
2. MODE $01 (CURRENT POWERTRAIN DIAGNOSTIC DATA)
Refers to data denoting the current operating condition of analog input/output, digital input/output and/or the
A list of the support data and PID (Parameter Identification) codes are shown in the following table.
PID Data Unit of measure
Number of emission-related powertrain DTC and malfunction indicator light status and diag-
nosis support information
03 Fuel system control status --
04 Calculated engine load value %
05 Engine coolant temperature
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo