Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4DOTC) MECHANICAL Compression<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Compression documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
After warming-up, engine becomes very hot. Be
careful not to burn yourself during measure-
1) After warming-up the engine, turn the ignition
switch to OFF.
2) Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
3) Release the fuel pressure.
4) Remove all the spark plugs.
5) Fully open the throttle valve.
6) Check the starter motor for satisfactory perfor-
mance and operation.
7) Hold the compression gauge tight against spark
When using a screw-in type compression gauge,
the screw (put into cylinder head spark plug hole)
should be less than 18 mm (0.71 in) long.
8) Crank the engine by means of starter motor, and
then read the maximum value on the gauge when
the pointer is steady.
9) Perform at least two measurements per cylinder,
and make sure that the values are correct.
Compression (350 rpm and fully open throttle):
981 -- 1,177 kPa (10 -- 12 kgf/cm2, 142 --
882 kPa (9.0 kgf/cm2, 128 psi)
Difference between cylinders
Less than 49 kPa (0.5 kgf/cm2, 7 psi)
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo