Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4DOTC) MECHANICAL Cylinder Block<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Cylinder Block documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
20.Cylinder Block ST 18332AA010 OIL FILTER WRENCH (Outer
diameter: 65 mm (2.56 in))
A: REMOVAL 15) Remove the oil cooler.
Before conducting this procedure, drain the engine
oil completely if applicable.
1) Remove the intake manifold.
2) Remove the V-belt. (A)
3) Remove the crank pulley. (B)
4) Remove the timing belt cover.
5) Remove the timing belt assembly.
6) Remove the cam sprocket.
7) Remove the crank sprocket.
8) Remove the generator and A/C compressor with
9) Remove the cylinder head assembly.
(A) Adapter (1)
10) Remove the clutch disc and cover.
(C) Adapter (2)
11) Remove the flywheel. (D) Oil cooler
ST 498497100 CRANKSHAFT STOPPER (E) Oil cooler connector
16) Removal of oil pan:
(1) Turn the cylinder block with #2 and #4 piston
sides facing upward.
(2) Remove the bolts which secure oil pan to
(3) Insert an oil pan cutter blade between cylin-
der block-to-oil pan clearance, and then remove
the oil pan.
Do not use a screwdriver or similar tool in place
ST of oil pan cutter.
17) Remove the oil strainer stay.
12) Remove the oil separator cover. 18) Remove the oil strainer.
13) Remove the water by-pass pipe for heater. 19) Remove the baffle plate.
14) Remove the oil filter. 20) Remove the water pipes.
ST 18332AA000 OIL FILTER WRENCH (Outer 21) Remove the water pump.
diameter: 68 mm (2.68 in)) 22) Remove the oil pump from cylinder block.
Use a flat-bladed screwdriver as shown in the fig-
ure when removing the oil pump.
Be careful not to scratch the mating surface of
cylinder block and oil pump.
(1) Service hole plug (3) Circlip (5) Service hole cover
(2) Gasket (4) Piston pin (6) O-ring
23) Remove the service hole cover and service 29) Set up the cylinder block so that #1 and #3 cyl-
hole plugs using hexagon wrench [14 mm (0.55 inders are on the upper side, then remove the cyl-
in)]. inder block connecting bolts.
30) Separate the cylinder blocks (LH) and (RH).
When separating the cylinder block, do not allow
the connecting rod to fall and damage the cylinder
24) Rotate the crankshaft to bring #1 and #2 pis-
tons to bottom dead center position, and then re-
move the piston circlip through service hole of #1
and #2 cylinders using needle nose plier.
25) Draw out the piston pin from #1 and #2 pistons
ST 499097700 PISTON PIN REMOVER
Be careful not to confuse the original combina-
tion of piston, piston pin and cylinder.
26) Similarly remove the piston pins from #3 and #4
27) Remove the bolts which connect the cylinder
block on the side of #2 and #4 cylinders.
28) Back off the bolts which connect the cylinder
block on the side of #1 and #3 cylinders two or
(1) Cylinder block (3) Crankshaft (5) Piston
(2) Rear oil seal (4) Crankshaft bearing
31) Remove the rear oil seal.
32) Remove the crankshaft together with connect-
33) Remove the crankshaft bearings from cylinder
block using a hammer handle.
Do not confuse the combination of crankshaft
bearings. Press the bearing at the end opposite
to locking lip.
34) Draw out each piston from cylinder block using
a wooden bar or hammer handle.
Do not confuse the combination of piston and
(1) Crankshaft bearing (3) Cylinder block (4) Rear oil seal
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo