Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4DOTC) MECHANICAL Engine Assembly<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Engine Assembly documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
9. Engine Assembly 11) Disconnect the following connectors and cable.
(1) Engine harness connector
1) Set the vehicle on lift arms.
2) Open the front hood fully, and then support with
the hood stay.
3) Collect the refrigerant from A/C system.
4) Release the fuel pressure.
(1) Disconnect the fuel pump relay connector.
(2) Engine ground terminal
(2) Start the engine, and run until stalls.
(3) After the engine stalls, crank it for 5 seconds
(4) Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
5) Remove the filler cap.
6) Disconnect the ground cable from battery. (3) Disconnect the right and left side engine
7) Remove the radiator from vehicle.
8) Remove the coolant filler tank.
9) Disconnect the A/C pressure hoses from A/C
10) Remove the intercooler.
(4) Engine harness connector 12) Disconnect the following hoses.
(1) Brake booster vacuum hose
(5) Generator connector, terminal and A/C
compressor connectors (2) Heater inlet outlet hose
(A) A/C compressor connector
13) Remove the power steering pump from brack-
(B) Generator connector and terminal
(1) Loosen the lock bolt and slider bolt, and
(6) Accelerator cable (MT model) then remove the front side V-belt.
(2) Disconnect the power steering switch con-
(7) Clutch release spring (MT model)
(3) Remove the pipe with bracket from intake 16) Remove the center exhaust pipe.
17) Remove the nuts which hold lower side of
transmission to engine.
(4) Remove the power steering pump from en-
18) Remove the nuts which install front cushion
rubber onto front crossmember.
(5) Remove the power steering tank from
bracket by pulling it upward.
19) Lower the vehicle.
20) Separate the clutch release fork from release
bearing. (MT model)
(1) Remove the clutch operating cylinder from
(2) Remove the plug using a 10 mm hexagon
(6) Place the power steering pump on right side
14) Lift-up the vehicle.
15) Remove the ATF cooler pipe from frame. (AT
(3) Screw the 6 mm dia. bolt into release fork 22) Remove the pitching stopper.
shaft, and remove it.
(B) 23) Disconnect the fuel delivery hose, return hose
and evaporation hose.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo