Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4SO) Cooling Engine Coolant<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Engine Coolant documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
3. Engine Coolant 3) Warm-up the engine completely for more than 5
minutes at 2,000 to 3,000 rpm.
A: REPLACEMENT 4) If the engine coolant level drops in radiator, add
engine coolant to filler neck position.
1. DRAINING OF ENGINE COOLANT 5) If the engine coolant level drops from FULL level
1) Lift-up the vehicle. of reservoir tank, add engine coolant to FULL level.
2) Remove the under cover. 6) Attach the radiator cap and reservoir tank cap
3) Loosen the drain cock to drain engine coolant properly.
Remove the radiator cap so that engine coolant will
2. FILLING OF ENGINE COOLANT
1) Fill engine coolant into the radiator up to filler
Coolant capacity (fill up to "FULL" level):
Non-turbo (AT) model
Approx. 6.8 2 (7.19 US qt, 5.98 Imp qt)
Non-turbo (MT) model
Approx. 6.9 2 (7.29 US qt, 6.07 Imp qt)
Turbo (AT) model
Approx. 7.3 2 (7.72 US qt, 6.42 Imp qt)
Turbo (MT) model
Approx. 7.4 2 (7.82 US qt, 6.51 Imp qt)
The Subaru Genuine Coolant containing anti-
freeze and anti-rust agents is especially made for
Subaru engine, which has an aluminum crankcase.
Always use Subaru Genuine Coolant, since other
coolant may cause corrosion.
2) Fill engine coolant into the reservoir tank up to
B: INSPECTION [Example]
Assume that the engine coolant concentration must
1. RELATIONSHIP OF SUBARU COOLANT be increased from 25% to 40%. Find point A, where
CONCENTRATION AND FREEZING TEM- the 25% line of the engine coolant concentration in-
PERATURE tersects with the 40% curve of the necessary cool-
The concentration and safe operating temperature ant concentration, and read the scale on the
of the Subaru coolant is shown in the diagram. vertical axis of the graph at height A. The quantity
Measuring the temperature and specific gravity of of the engine coolant to be drained is 2.12 (2.2 US
the engine coolant will provide this information. qt, 1.8 Imp qt). Drain 2.12 (2.2 US qt, 1.8 Imp qt) of
the engine coolant from the cooling system and
add 2.12 (2.2 US qt, 1.8 Imp qt) of the undiluted
If the engine coolant temperature is 25
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo