Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 3 - Transmission Manual and Differential Shifter Fork and Rod<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Shifter Fork and Rod documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
SHIFTER FORK AND ROD
MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL
21.Shifter Fork and Rod 10) Drive out the straight pin, and pull out 3-4 fork
rod and shifter fork.
A: REMOVAL NOTE:
1) Remove the manual transmission assembly When removing the rod, keep other rods in neutral.
from vehicle. (C)
2) Remove the back-up light switch and neutral po-
3) Remove the transfer case with extension case
4) Remove the transmission case.
5) Remove the drive pinion shaft assembly. (A) Straight pin
6) Remove the main shaft assembly. (B) 3rd-4th fork rod
7) Remove the differential assembly. fork rod and shifter fork.
8) Drive out the straight pin with ST, and 5th shifter 12) Remove the outer snap ring, and pull out the
fork. reverse shifter rod arm from reverse fork rod. Then
ST 398791700 STRAIGHT PIN REMOVER take out the ball, spring and interlock plunger from
And then remove the rod.
When pulling out the reverse shifter rod arm, be
careful not to let the ball pop out of arm.
13) Remove the reverse shifter lever.
1) Apply grease to plunger.
ST 399411700 ACCENT BALL INSTALLER
(A) MT-00309 2) Install the reverse arm fork spring, ball and inter-
lock plunger to reverse fork rod arm. Insert the re-
(A) Straight pin
verse fork rod into hole in reverse fork rod arm, and
(B) 5th shifter fork hold it with outer snap ring using ST.
9) Remove the plugs, springs and checking balls. 3) Position the ball, spring and new gasket in re-
verse shifter rod hole, on left side transmission
case, and tighten the checking ball plug.
4) Install the 1st-2nd fork rod into 1st-2nd shifter
fork via the hole on the rear of transmission case.
5) Align the holes in rod and fork, and new drive
straight pin into these holes using ST.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo