Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual GENERAL INFORMATION SECTION Pre Delivery Inspection MSA5TCD00L17436<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L17436 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION [G4E0] 1-4
4. Post-road Test Inspection
1) Visually check for any signs of leakage of E: EXTERNAL APPEARANCE AND
engine oil, transmission gear oil, differential EQUIPMENT
gear oil, etc.
2) Visually check for any sign of coolant leak- CHECK POINTS
age. 1. Paint
3) Visually check for any sign of brake fluid 2. Scratches or damage to glass
leakage. 3. Rust formation
4) Check the suspension mounting and steer- 4. Contamination of interior parts
ing mounting for any loose or unconnected 5. Installation of equipment
parts. 1) Check the paint after removing the paint
protective agent and washing the vehicle.
D: WATER LEAKAGE NOTE:
CHECK POINT Before removing the protective agent, be sure
1. Water leakage by pouring water to wash the vehicle, because the painted sur-
1) Before performing the water leakage test, face may be scratched if the surface is rubbed
remove anything that may obstruct the opera- with sand or other hard particles which may be
tion or which must be kept dry. attached to the protective agent.
2) Close all of the windows completely, and 2) Check the whole vehicle body for stains,
then close all of the doors tightly. Close the hood flaking, damage caused by transportation, rust,
and trunk lid before starting the test. dirt, cracks, or blistering.
3) Connect a hose to a tap, and spray water on
the vehicle. The rate of water discharge must be
D It is better to determine an inspection pattern
approx. 20 to 25 liters (5.3 to 6.6 US gal, 4.4 to
in order to avoid missing an area, since the total
5.5 Imp gal) per minute. When spraying water
area is not small.
on areas adjacent to the floor and wheel house,
D It is desirable not to make corrections to the
increase the pressure.
body paint unless absolutely needed. However,
When directing water on areas other than the
if any corrections are required to remove
floor portion and wheel house, decrease the
scratches or rust, the area to be corrected must
pressure. But the force of water must be made
be limited as much as possible. Re-painting
strong occasionally by pressing the end of the
and spray painting must be avoided whenever
Be sure to keep the hose at least 10 cm (3.9 in) 3) Carefully check each window glass for
scratches. Slight damage may be removed by
from the vehicle.
polishing with cerium oxide. (Half-fill a cup with
4) Check the following areas: cerium oxide, and add warm water to it. Then
(1) Front window and body framework mat- agitate the content until it turns to wax. Apply
ing portion this wax to a soft cloth, and polish the glass.)
(2) Door mating portions 4) Check each portion of the vehicle body and
(3) Glass mating portions underside components for the formation of rust.
(4) Rear quarter window mating portions If rust is discovered, remove it with #80 -- #180
(5) Rear window and body framework mat- emery paper, and treat the surface with rust
ing portion preventive. After this treatment is completed,
(6) Around roof drips flush the portion thoroughly, and prepare the
NOTE: surface for repair painting.
If any dampness in the compartments is dis- 5) Check each portion of the body and all of the
covered after the water has been applied, care- chrome parts for deformation or distortion. Also
fully check all areas that may have possibly check each lamp lens for cracks.
contributed to the leak.
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo