Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual ENGINE SECTION On Car Services MSA5TCD00L16106<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L16106 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
SERVICE PROCEDURE [W5A0] 2-2
5. Intake Manifold Vacuum
5. Intake Manifold Vacuum 3) Keep the engine at the idle speed and read the
vacuum gauge indication.
A: MEASUREMENT By observing the gauge needle movement, the
1) Warm-up the engine. internal condition of the engine can be diagnosed
2) Disconnect the brake vacuum hose and install as described below.
the vacuum gauge to the hose fitting on the mani-
Vacuum pressure (at idling, A/C "OFF"):
Less than -60.0 kPa (-450 mmHg, -17.72
Diagnosis of engine condition by measurement of manifold vacuum
Vacuum gauge indication Possible engine condition
1. Needle is steady but lower than normal position. This ten- Leakage around intake manifold gasket or disconnection or
dency becomes more evident as engine temperature rises. damaged vacuum hose
2. When engine speed is reduced slowly from higher speed, Back pressure too high, or exhaust system clogged
needle stops temporarily when it is lowering or becomes
steady above normal position.
3. Needle intermittently drops to position lower than normal Leakage around cylinder
4. Needle drops suddenly and intermittently from normal posi- Sticky valves
5. When engine speed is gradually increased, needle begins Weak or broken valve springs
to vibrate rapidly at certain speed, and then vibration
increases as engine speed increases.
6. Needle vibrates above and below normal position in narrow Defective ignition system or throttle chamber idle adjustment
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo