Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual ENGINE SECTION On Board Diagnostics II System MSA5TCD00L16707<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L16707 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
DIAGNOSTICS [T3B1] 2-7
3. Diagnosis System
3. Diagnosis System 4) When ignition switch is turned to ON (engine
off) or to "START" with the test mode connector
A: CHECK ENGINE MALFUNCTION connected, the MIL blinks at a cycle of 3 Hz.
INDICATOR LAMP (MIL)
1. ACTIVATION OF CHECK ENGINE
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL)
1) When ignition switch is turned to ON (engine
off), the CHECK ENGINE malfunction indicator
lamp (MIL) in the combination meter illuminates.
If the MIL does not illuminate, perform diagnostics
of the CHECK ENGINE light circuit or the combi- OBD0055A
nation meter circuit.
B: OBD-II GENERAL SCAN TOOL
1. HOW TO USE OBD-II GENERAL SCAN
1) Prepare a general scan tool (OBD-II general
scan tool) required by SAE J1978.
2) Open the cover and connect the OBD-II general
scan tool to the data link connector located in the
lower portion of the instrument panel (on the driv-
B2M3701C er's side).
2) After starting the engine, the MIL goes out. If it
does not, either the engine or the emission control
system is malfunctioning.
3) Using the OBD-II general scan tool, call up
diagnostic trouble code(s) and freeze frame data.
OBD-II general scan tool functions consist of:
(1) MODE $01: Current powertrain diagnostic
3) If the diagnosis system senses a misfire which data
could damage the catalyzer, the MIL will blink at a (2) MODE $02: Powertrain freeze frame data
cycle of 1 Hz. (3) MODE $03: Emission-related powertrain
diagnostic trouble codes
(4) MODE $04: Clear/Reset emission-related
Read out data according to repair procedures. (For
detailed operation procedures, refer to the OBD-II
General Scan Tool Operation Manual.)
For details concerning diagnostic trouble codes,
refer to the DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC)
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo