Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual MECHANICAL COMPONENTS SECTION WHEELS AND AXLES MSA5TCD00L17501<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L17501 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
SERVICE PROCEDURE [W1A0] 4-2
1. Front Axle
1. Front Axle 8) Remove cotter pin and castle nut which secure
tie-rod end to housing knuckle arm.
1) Disconnect ground cable from battery.
2) Jack-up vehicle, support it with safety stands,
and remove front wheels.
3) Unlock axle nut.
(A) Cotter pin
(B) Castle nut
G4M0214 9) Using a puller, remove tie-rod ball joint from
4) Remove axle nut using a socket wrench.
Be sure to loose and retighten axle nut after
removing wheel from vehicle. Failure to follow
this rule may damage wheel bearings.
5) Remove stabilizer link.
10) Remove ABS sensor assembly and harness in
6) Remove disc brake caliper from housing, and
suspend it from strut using a wire.
7) Remove disc rotor from hub.
If disc rotor seizes up within hub, drive disc rotor
out by installing an 8-mm bolt in screw hole on the
4-2 [W1B0] SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Front Axle
11) Remove bolt which secures sensor harness to 15) After scribing an alignment mark on camber
strut. adjusting bolt head, remove bolts which connect
housing and strut, and disconnect housing from
12) Remove transverse link ball joint from hous- B4M1970
1) Using ST1, support housing and hub securely.
2) Attach ST2 to housing and drive hub out.
ST1 927060000 HUB REMOVER
ST2 927080000 HUB STAND
13) Remove SFJ from transmission spindle.
14) Remove front drive shaft assembly from hub.
If it is hard to remove, use STs.
ST1 926470000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER
ST2 927140000 PLATE
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo