Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual MECHANISM AND FUNCTION SECTION Body Electrical System MSA5TCD00L18751<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L18751 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
6-2 [M9A0] MECHANISM AND FUNCTION
9. Security System
9. Security System
D The security system detects a theft action (unauthorized entry into the vehicle), and gives an
alarm of that situation by letting the horn sound and the small light blink, and immobilizes the ve-
hicle by interrupting the starter circuit.
D An unauthorized entry is monitored by the switches which are installed on all the doors and the
rear gate or the trunk lid. When one of the switch is turned ON, this system judges it as on unautho-
rized entry into the vehicle being attempted, gives an alarm and immobilizes the vehicle.
D An unauthorized entry is also monitored by the impact sensor.
The system operates in the same manner as mentioned above whenever the impact sensor
senses an impact on the vehicle.
1. SYSTEM OPERATION
1) The security system will give the following alarm:
D The small light blinks and the horn sounds intermittently. In addition, the security indicator light
blinks fast and the starter motor is inhibited to operate.
D The alarm automatically turns OFF after 30 seconds; however, the alarm will be reactivated if
the vehicle is tampered with again.
2) The alarm is activated when:
D The door, rear gate or trunk lid is opened without using transmitter. (even if the door is opened
by releasing the inside door handle or the trunk lid is opened by operating the trunk lid release
D Dealing an impact is sensed on vehicle body.
2. HOW TO ARM THE SYSTEM
1) Remove the key from the ignition switch.
2) Make sure that the trunk lid is closed.
3) Close all windows. Close and lock all doors and rear gate.
4) Push transmitter LOCK button.
5) The horn will chirp once and small light will blink once.
The system can be armed even if the windows are open.
6) Confirm that the security indicator light comes to blink. (If this indicator light remains illumi-
nated, it is an indication that the any door, rear gate or trunk lid is not properly closed. Resume the
procedure from beginning.) If during this 5 seconds time period, the door is unlocked by key and
the ignition switch is turned ON, the system will disarm. The indicator light blinks every 2 seconds
while the system is being armed, and continues to blink until the system is disarmed.
MECHANISM AND FUNCTION [M9A4] 6-2
9. Security System
3. HOW TO DISARM THE SYSTEM
1) Push transmitter UNLOCK button.
2) The horn will chirp twice and small light will blink twice.
3) Security indicator light turns OFF.
4) Room light will illuminate for 30 seconds and then turn OFF. (However, if ignition switch is turned
ON or arming procedure is performed again, room light will turn OFF.)
4. HOW TO STOP ALARMS
Push transmitter UNLOCK button or turn the ignition switch from ON to LOCK position repeatedly
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2021 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo