Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Legacy 2000-2003 Approved Subaru Legacy 2000 2000 Service Manual TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL SECTION Automatic Transmission and Differential MSA5TCD00L18812<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download MSA5TCD00L18812 documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
SERVICE PROCEDURE [W8A1] 3-2
8. Stall Test
3. ENGINE BRAKE OPERATION 8. Stall Test
Engine brake operation:
D range 4th gear
3 range 3rd gear 1. GENERAL INFORMATION
2 range 2nd gear
The stall test is of extreme importance in diagnos-
1 range 1st gear
ing the condition of the automatic transmission and
4. AWD FUNCTION the engine. It should be conducted to measure the
If "tight-corner braking" occurs when the steering engine stall speeds in R and 2 ranges.
wheel is fully turned at low speed: Purposes of the stall test:
1) Determine the applicable trouble code and 1) To check the operation of the automatic trans-
check the corresponding duty solenoid C (transfer) mission clutch.
for improper operation. 2) To check the operation of the torque converter
2) If the solenoid is operating properly, check clutch.
transfer clutch pressure. 3) To check engine performance.
3) If oil pressure is normal but "tight-corner brak-
Check the transfer control valve for sticking, and
the transfer clutch facing for wear. and
3-2 [W8A2] SERVICE PROCEDURE
8. Stall Test
2. TEST METHODS 6) When the engine speed is stabilized, read that
1) Preparations before test: speed quickly and release the accelerator pedal.
(1) Check that throttle valve opens fully. 7) Shift the select lever to Neutral, and cool down
(2) Check that engine oil level is correct. the engine by idling it for more than one minute.
(3) Check that coolant level is correct. 8) Record the stall speed.
(4) Check that ATF level is correct. 9) If stall speed in 2 range is higher than
(5) Check that differential gear oil level is cor- specifications, low clutch slipping and 2-4 brake
rect. slipping may occur. To identify it, conduct the same
(6) Increase ATF temperature to 50 to 80
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2020 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo