Service Manuals, User Guides, Schematic Diagrams or docs for : . Car Manuals Subaru Forester 1999-2004 Approved Subaru Forester 2004 2 - Engine Section (H4SO) Mechanical Intake Manifold Vacuum<< Back
| HomeMost service manuals and schematics are PDF files, so You will need Adobre Acrobat Reader to view : Acrobat Download
Some of the files are DjVu format. Readers and resources available here : DjVu Resources
For the compressed files, most common are zip and rar. Please, extract files with Your favorite compression software ( WinZip, WinRAR ... ) before viewing.
If a document has multiple parts, You should download all, before extracting.
Good luck. Repair on Your own risk. Make sure You know what You are doing.
Image preview - the first page of the document
>> Download Intake Manifold Vacuum documenatation <<Text preview - extract from the document
INTAKE MANIFOLD VACUUM
5. Intake Manifold Vacuum By observing the gauge needle movement, the in-
ternal condition of engine can be diagnosed as de-
A: INSPECTION scribed below.
1) Warm-up the engine.
2) Disconnect the brake vacuum hose, and then in-
stall the vacuum gauge to hose fitting on manifold.
3) Keep the engine at idle speed, and then read the
vacuum gauge indication.
Vacuum pressure (at idling, A/C "OFF"):
Less than -60.0 kPa (-450 mmHg, -17.72 in-
Diagnosis of engine condition by measurement of manifold vacuum
Vacuum gauge indication Possible engine condition
1. Needle is steady but lower than normal position. This ten- Leakage around intake manifold gasket or disconnection or
dency becomes more evident as engine temperature rises. damaged vacuum hose
2. When engine speed is reduced slowly from higher speed, Back pressure too high, or exhaust system clogged
needle stops temporarily when it is lowering or becomes steady
above normal position.
3. Needle intermittently drops to position lower than normal Leakage around cylinder
4. Needle drops suddenly and intermittently from normal posi- Sticky valves
5. When engine speed is gradually increased, needle begins to Weak or broken valve springs
vibrate rapidly at certain speed, and then vibration increases as
engine speed increases.
6. Needle vibrates above and below normal position in narrow Defective ignition system
◦ Jabse Service Manual Search 2022 ◦ Jabse Pravopis ◦ onTap.bg ◦ Other service manual resources online : Fixya ◦ eServiceinfo